Raw Food Recipes + Vegan

The Raw Dessert
RAW RECIPE (photos)

photo by Scott
Hello? Are you still there? I want to apologize for not posting like I promised. This has been a hectic week and I'm just coming out of the fog.
Well, not really but I'm coming out enough to tell you about an exciting website from my friend Scott of Raw Denver.

Scott has started The Raw Dessert, a site that features well, raw desserts.
He has posted a recipe for the most heavenly raw truffles. I've eaten them straight from the man, so I know. They are rich, creamy and simply yummy. Visit his site for the recipe. You will not be disappointed.
He had a wonderful idea to put caramel in them so I'm passing along the recipe. This is what I used for the Legally Raw Bars . I think it will be a wonderful addition.

Caramel Sauce1 cup dates
1/4 cup maple syrup*
juice of one half lemon
1 tablespoon coconut oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup water

1 Soak dates in the water and lemon juice for an hour. Reserve soaking water.

2 Process soaked dates, coconut oil and sea salt in a blender.
Using soaking water one tablespoon at time, blend until you achieve a thick creamy mixture.

*not a raw product

art, dessert, Food, Juice, legally raw bar, Lemon, RAW, raw denver, recipes, sauce, scott, and more:

The Raw Dessert + Vegan