Raw Food Recipes + Vegetables

Freestyling Garden Chickpea Fritters
RAW RECIPE (photos)

This is the first recipe where I didn't write a recipe to start. I was free-styling. Which is a switch for me. I like to know what I'm making before I make it and alter the measurements and ingredients as I go but I had these chickpeas and I thought it would be fun to wing it.

Fortunately, they turned out to be very good. They are good if you have the munchies, just pop one in your mouth and go about your business.
This recipe is bordering on being falafel. Not too much difference, I rearranged the seasoning a bit. I am eating a lot of chickpeas in my salad for the added protein so I will experiment with more recipes in the future.
Corn was on sale this week, so I missed out on making corn fritters. Maybe next week.
Garden Chickpea Fritters

RAW RECIPE (photos)

Makes 25-30 fritters
2 cups sprouted chickpeas
1 cup almonds, soaked for 6-8 hours
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup water
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 small bunch parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste

1 Combine the vegetables in a large bowl, add lemon juice, olive oil, seasonings and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt and black pepper.

2 Process chickpeas, almonds, garlic and water in a food processor or high-speed blender. Mix until smooth and creamy. Add chickpea mixture to the vegetables.

3 Form the mixture into small ping pong-sized balls.

4 Place on Teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 110 degrees for 2 hours.

5 Roll fritters over and dehydrate an additional 2 hours. The balls should be slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside.

appetizer, Food, Juice, Lemon, Olive, RAW, salad, Vegan, and more:

Freestyling Garden Chickpea Fritters + Vegetables