Raw Food Recipes + vegetarian

So what did you do this weekend?
RAW RECIPE (photos)

On Saturday, I volunteered for the Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center at the first annual Denver VegFest and Health Expo.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

The fest was at the new Ritz-Carlton hotel.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

Very nice and elegant, as it should be. I got to tell you I was one lucky girl.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

Author and raw foodist Brigitte Mars

RAW RECIPE (photos)

and Shari of Two Moms In the Raw shared the booth with me and I have to tell you folks these women are absolutely remarkable.

If you haven't tried Two Moms in the Raw granola or sea crackers, you are majorly missing out. They are 100% raw and organic and 200% delicious.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

She gifted me a bag of my favorite granola(the Goji berry mix) and I'm going to create something tasty ( As soon as I find my bag. I think the kids swiped it as soon as I came home).

I have always been a fan of Brigitte, author of one of my favorite raw books Rawsome.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

When my husband and I first went raw back in the day, we took an raw Asian class from Brigitte.
She is very beautiful, vibrant and youthful. Spending time with her gives you such a wonderful positive energy. She is a great lady.
My camera battery died about 10 minutes into its usage so I didn't get to take too many photos.
A few raw booths were at the festival. I'm excited to report that there will be a new restaurant in Denver that will serve Organic, vegetarian, vegan and raw food.
The restaurant, Solar, is located at 2615 Welton St., in the Historic Five Points area.
Fatima, owner of Solar was on hand at the fest, offering raw falafels balls, wraps, desserts. Of course, this was the point where my camera went kaput.
Here were a few of the other raw or semi-raw booths.

RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)

I was at the festival promoting Dr. by Gabriel Cousens' new book "There Is a Cure for Diabetes: The Tree of Life 21-Day+Program."

RAW RECIPE (photos)

In my excitement of the event I forgot to purchase my copy of the book. My mother and aunt both have diabetes and it was something I wanted them to take a look at. I am every interested in Dr. Cousens approach to introducing non-raw eaters into eating raw.

RAW RECIPE (photos)

I have been eating a mostly raw diet for 4 years now and my mother still looks at me like I'm eating something from outer space. It's just broccoli mom.

To be fair, she has started drinking green smoothies. You gotta crawl before you can walk.

A little birdy told me that Dr. Cousens was asked to speak at next year's event. That will very exciting if it happens.

Brigitte Mars, broccoli, Denver VegFest and Health Expo, Dr. Gabriel Cousens, Food, organic, RAW, Ritz-Carlton, Solar, Tree of Life, two moms in the raw, Vegan, and more:

So what did you do this weekend? + vegetarian