Raw Food Recipes + recipes

Ode to the Almond- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie
RAW RECIPE (photos)

A lot of the times I create these dishes one or two weeks ahead of time before they're posted, so I forget what I want to talk about. And this recipe is one case. I had those blueberries I needed to use and I was scanning the net to find interesting ways to use them put incorporate almonds in the mix and the sour cream pie was what I found. I thought it was a strange concept a sour cream pie. So I figured out a way to make a raw version. My sous chef D (and tester) was taken aback when she took a bite (she was expecting something sweet) but once she got past the puckering she enjoyed the pie.

Sour Cream Blueberry Pie

4 c blueberries, divided
1 c cashew
¼ c agave nectar
juice of two lemons
3 T water, more if needed
1 T coconut oil
¼ t sea salt
1 Almond Crust

Almond Crust recipe

2 c almonds, soaked for 6-8 hours
1 c dates, pitted and soaked for an hour, reserve soaking water
4 T reserved date water
1 T organic vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt

In a food processor, process almonds, dates, date water, vanilla extract and sea salt until well combined. Remove and press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.

For Sour Cream Blueberry filling
In a blender, puree cashews, agave nectar, lemon juice, water, coconut and sea salt, until smooth and creamy. Pour into a large bowl. Fold in 2 cups blueberries. Pour mixture into almond crust and top pie with remaining 2 cups of blueberries. Chill for 2 hours.

dessert, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Juice, Lemon, organic, pie, RAW, and more:

Ode to the Almond- Sour Cream Blueberry Pie + recipes