Raw Food Recipes + Vegan

Tuscan Mushrooms
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)



I love mushrooms just about as much as I love desserts. So whenever I can create a savory dish using mushrooms, I do. This recipe first appeared on Raw Test Kitchen in August and I finally made it about a few weeks ago. My husband and the kids loved it, as did I.
Speaking of RTK, I want to thank Bob of Legally Raw for submitting his photos and comments for my Oatmeal Shortcakes with Spiced Plums recipe. Also, if you get a chance, check out Bob's recipe for Spicy Lemongrass "Tofu Zucchini". If you like it hot and spicy, give it a try!
Tuscan Mushrooms
1 pound white button mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed, reserve mushroom stems2 scallions, diced1/2 c diced red bell peppers1/2 c diced pitted green olives4 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided1 t sea salt1/4 t black pepper1/4 c finely chopped fresh basil leaves
Massage mushroom caps with 2 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
Put mushrooms in the dehydrator for one-half hour.
Dice mushroom stems, toss with red bell peppers and 2 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix together the scallions, red bell peppers mixture, olives, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and pepper.
Transfer the mushrooms caps to a serving platter, spoon the filling into the cavity of the mushrooms, sprinkle with chopped basil and serve.
Transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter, sprinkle with chopped basil, and serve. (1)

appetizer, cake, dessert, Food, Lemon, main dish, Olive, RAW, recipes, tofu, and more:

Tuscan Mushrooms + Vegan