Raw Food Recipes + Vegan

Two of My Favorite Salads
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)


Kale Salad Basic Salad

These salads are my daily staples. I have one of these for lunch. The Basic Salad is a variation of "Donavan's Salad."
The ingredients are so simple you can add so much more to it.
I started eating the Kale Salad last winter. I think I needed a heavier green to fill my belly and kale did the trick. My neighborhood grocery store didn't carry kale, with the exception of using it as garnish in their deli and fish counters. What a waste! I would go to the produce guy every week and hope he would have kale left and if he did, I would buy 5-7 bunches. I evenly found another grocery store that had kale as their produce supply. So they got my business.
I love the combination of the slight bitterness of the kale and the sweetness of the raisins, it's a wonderful contrast.
Kale Salad1 bunch kale, cleaned, stems removed1 avocado, diced1/2 jalapeno, diced1/4 c raisins1/4 c scallions, dicedSweet Dressing1/4 c olive oil1/4 c agave nectar2 t sea salt
Place dressing ingredients together in a mason jar and shake until well combined.
Pour dressing over kale and gently massage into leaves. Let set for 30 minutes.
Toss in remaining salad ingredients and combine well.
You might note that I don't use as much olive oil on the basic salad as I do the kale salad. My reasoning behind this is, the kale is a much heavier green and can handle more oil compared to the green leaf, which can be weighed down with 1/4 cup of oil. It can leave it a bit soggy for my tastes. I like to keep my greens as crisp as possible.
Basic Salad1 bunch green leaf lettuce1/2 jalapeno, diced
1/4 c scallions, diced
Toss salad ingredients together.
Basic Dressing2 T olive oilJuice of one lemon1 T flax seeds
Place dressing ingredients together in a mason jar and shake until well combined.
Pour over salad.

art, avocado, dressing, Food, Juice, Lemon, Olive, RAW, salad, and more:

Two of My Favorite Salads + Vegan