Raw Food Recipes + sauce

It Has Been Too Long
RAW FOOD (photos)

I'm truly sorry, I hadn't realized. Where on earth did the time go? And what was I thinking, being MIA for such a long time? Even though it was a tad over a year, it certainly feels like seven years in blogsphere.

For now, I won’t go into great detail of my comings and goings over the past year (it‘s not pretty, I assure you) but I promise to share a bit of the trials and tribulations of my existence a bit at a time as we move forward.

Yes, there are plans to continue my raw food adventures and to share them with you.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Presently, my husband and I have started a Juice Feast (length of JF undetermined) so consuming food isn’t on the agenda, but I do have taste-testers lined up to try recipes I create.

In the meantime….

…temporary. I’m merging Raw Test Kitchen and the Daily Raw Café. Basically, I’ll post a new recipe (one or two) and invite you to try it out and share how it worked (or didn‘t), photos, suggestions, etc. Please feel free to visit Raw Test Kitchen to try older recipes and get more details on submitting feedbacks.

I would like to leave a parting gift to make amends for my absenteeism. I share with you one of my favorite bedtime concoctions.

Caution: Driving is not recommended after consumption of this tea. Valerian and Chamomile are two ingredients that will cause you to drift peacefully to sleep only to wake in the morning, forgiving my poor blogging behavior.

The St. John’s Wort?

If your mood is on the depressed side (I feel a bit glum for my absence) invite St. John’s Wort to the party. To round out the guest list, and do your digestion some good, add fresh ginger. The smell is heavenly.

Good night and see you soon (I promise).

Terilynn

RAW FOOD (photos)

Sleepytime Tea
¼- ½ teaspoon Valerian herb
¼-½ teaspoon St. John’s Wort herb
¼-½ teaspoon Chamomile herb
1 small piece of ginger

1. In a teapot, bring water to a rolling boil.

2. Grate ginger until fine. There will be ginger juice, that’s fine, just add it to the herbs.

3. Place herbs and ginger into a tea ball. Close the tea ball and place it in your warmed teacup*

4. Fill your cup with 8 ounces of boiling water.

5. Cover cup with a saucer or small plate and steep your tea for 5-6 minutes to get the full flavor. Remove the tea ball.

Add a squeeze of lemon and a teaspoon (or two) of honey.

*To pre-heat your tea cup, pour boiling water in the cup and let set for a few minutes, then pour out the water. The tea flavor is more pronounced in a warmed cup.

art, beverage, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Juice, Lemon, pie, RAW, recipes, and more:

It Has Been Too Long + sauce