Raw Food Recipes + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor

Michelle and Angela
RAW FOOD (photos)

Today was all about finding lost friends, connecting with relatives and re-discovering old recipes.

Can you tell I spent the entire day on Facebook?

I had the pleasure of spending time in Facebook chat with my cousin’s wife Michelle. She and I never really spoke at any great length, and I’m afraid the 15 minutes of “chatting” on the computer is the longest time we have conversed.

There was a time she hosted the Fourth of July and I brought ingredients for a salad and she very kindly let me have her kitchen. I remember the conversation was mostly about the food. Small talk, you know. There might have been mention of lack of a good cutting knives or blender or something of the sort. Through it all she remained wonderfully gracious.
Even while I typed, I pictured her warm, friendly smile and how her eyes squint a bit when she was really tickled. She is a lady I would like to get to know better.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Angela, Angela, Angela. What can I say about Angela? The fact that she’s drop-dead gorgeous comes to mind. But why don’t I share the first time I realized she was my best friend.

You know how you are friends with someone and you have fun together, you hang out all the time and share secrets, but, you don’t really know if it’s truly friendship or acquaintances.

Maybe if you are lucky, you settle into a routine and one day someone introduces you as "my friend so-and-so." But most of the time you just don’t know. The dear that Angela is, spared me of that whole guessing game. One day after a day of not doing too much, she handed me a little red envelope and told me to open it later when I was alone. Long-story-short, inside the little red envelope was a little white card with the world’s best penmanship stating the most beautiful words of friendship that a person could write to another. That was about 12-13 years ago and I still have the card. Somewhere, tucked away in a box of my treasured documents. Thank you Angela for today’s lengthy conversation and for being my friend.

In the midst of Facebook and phone conversations,

RAW FOOD (photos)

I prepared two recipes that were one of the first ones made when I purchased The Complete Book of Raw Food several years back. So in honor of Angela, I give you dishes that are tried-and-true and they can never do you wrong, Almond Milk and the Best Ever Almond Nut Pate.

Both are no-brainers. They are simple to make, provided you have soaked almonds handy, and the nut pate is very flavorful.

And for Michelle, a recipe that I’ve never discovered before, will call upon again and again and was a much needed breathe of fresh air, The Sunrise.

Recipes 18, 19, 20 of the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor

RAW FOOD (photos)

Almond Milk, by Elaina Love, p. 182
Best Ever Almond Nut Pate, by Rose Lee Calabro, p. 249
Sunrise, by Shazzie, p. 154

books, Elaina Love, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, RAW, recipes, Rose Lee Calabro, shazzie, and more:

Michelle and Angela + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor