Raw Food Recipes + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor

Recipe #10
RAW FOOD (photos)

Carrot and Cilantro Dip by Shazzie, p. 271

I give you permission. You have my permission to use a bit of sea salt on all the recipes in The Complete Book of Raw Food that doesn’t have it listed.

Salt, (in this case) sea salt, is our friend. It enhances and brings out the flavors within the dish.

It is puzzling to me how many recipes in the book do not include some form of salt.
Although the cilantro in this dip provides a bit of the salty taste I seek, it’s not enough to carry the dish. It was only after I added a pinch or so of sea salt the flavors sang and danced.

RAW FOOD (photos)

If you are not in too much of a rush to try the dip, I would suggest making it and let it hang out in the refrigerator overnight. The flavors and fragrances, particularly the cilantro and onions, became more prominent. Your taste buds will thank you.

I used my Vita-Mix to combine the ingredients, but because of the carrots, you get more of a chunky consistency rather than creamy, or the texture could have been my lack of the hand blender it suggested using. I’m willing to bet it was the carrots.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Anyhoo, overall this dish was delish and please don’t forget to pass the salt.

art, books, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, RAW, recipes, shazzie, and more:

Recipe #10 + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor