Raw Food Recipes + travel

Recipe #15 of the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor
RAW FOOD (photos)

Green Onion Dressing by Jalissa Letendre, p. 83 I love scallions. I prefer to call them by their nickname green onions.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Although, rumor has it that they are too different beasts altogether. I guess, technically speaking, scallions are younger and do not have a bulb whereas green onions have a small, partially-formed bulb. I haven’t been able to wrap my brain around if a green onion is a scallion is a spring onion is a…well, if anyone knows for sure please give me the 411.
Green onions are my favorite bulb, next to the light bulb. It’s the mildest flavor of the Allium Genus family which includes garlic, onions, leeks, chives and shallots. And best of all, unlike “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,” commercials with lost puppies finding their way home and boys, green onions never made me cry.

Oddly enough, I never ate a raw green onion until I first embraced the raw food lifestyle some six odd years ago. And though I wasn’t always faithful to raw foods, I remained steadfast with green onions. I consumed the bulb and stem, chopped in salads, soups and juices. I have been known to eat them straight from the ground in our garden.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Prior to preparing Jalissa Letendre’s, it did not occur to me to create a dressing with green onions. If you share my passion for green onions (or if you just like a really good dressing) try it. It’s very fragrant and it hits all the required spots on the taste buds. Based on the smell alone I would recommend you buy the book just to make the dressing. My husband thought it was just as good as the Ranch Dressing, if not better. I made a simple mixed greens tossed salad and he ate it up like no tomorrow. And as you can see, Avery seemed to enjoyed it too.

RAW FOOD (photos)
RAW FOOD (photos)

art, books, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Jalissa Letendre, Juice, life, lifestyle, pie, RAW, recipes, soup, the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor, and more:

Recipe #15 of the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor + travel