Raw Food Recipes + RAW

A Recipe to "Dye" For
RAW FOOD (photos)

This is it. It has officially happened. After years of dodging the inevitable. The time has come to face the facts, pay the piper...well you get it.
I am aging. I know, it's hard to believe, right? Who knew that sort of thing happens...to me.

Each time a baby enters this family, it's only a matter of time (3-5 years) when the I want another baby. An event happens involving the most recent child that triggers a maternal instinct within me. A sort of mommy-to-be time bomb. It informs me that my children are growing up and it's time to add another baby to the mix. It's like the babies, for me, magically suspend time. I never noticed getting older when I am surrounded by little ones. Maybe I should look into day care. LOL.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Did I mention Avery, my youngest daughter, is 3 years old? And that she wants to move from her toddler bed to one of these kids beds.

Me: Avery, you are still my baby, let's wait awhile.
Avery: Whatever mom, I am a big girl. I'm all grown'ed up.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Was that an explosion I just heard?

If there is a point to be made, and trust me there is, it's that I am realizing that I am getting older. I know this for a fact because my youngest daughter wants a big kid's bed, my oldest daughter is 19 and has way too many tattoos and piercings for my taste and my grey hairs are growing like the dandelions. I will have to dye my hair very soon, I am truly vain that way. The sesame seeds are not turning the whites to black. On the up side, the Midnight Falafels are really to die for.

As much as I am now looking forward to time moving ahead, I am not ready for my physical self to age. I believe, through eating raw foods and exercise and being joyful, that I can stall the aging process.

RAW FOOD (photos)

If I must grow older I want to be like Ms. Ernestine Shepherd. She is a 73-year old bodybuilder. She is truly an inspiration.

Oh, by-the-way, there will be NO new babies to add to the clan. I am truly enjoying the ones I have. Besides, each of them will always be my babies for the rest of their toddler, child, teen-aged and adult lives.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Midnight Falafel
Serves 4-6
2 cups sprouted chickpeas
1 cup soaked almonds
1 garlic clove, minced
¼ cup black sesame tahini
1/8 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespooons chopped red onions
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin seed
2 teaspoons sea salt

Combine chickpeas, almonds, garlic, black sesame tahini, olive oil, water and cilantro in a food processor until you achieve a thick paste. Add onions and lemon juice, seasonings and sea salt, process briefly.

Form the mixture into ping pong-sized balls. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 1 hour, lower the temperature to 110 degrees and continue to dehydrate for 2 hours.

Roll falafel balls over and dehydrate an additional 2 hours. The balls should be slightly hard on the outside and soft on the inside.

appetizer, Avery, Ernestine Shepherd, events, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Juice, Lemon, main dish, Olive, pie, and more:

A Recipe to "Dye" For + RAW