Raw Food Recipes + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor

Recipe #32 of the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor
RAW FOOD (photos)

I want to pursue my Raw Chef Certification. Pretty neat goal, huh? It has been something I’ve wanted to do for a very, very long time. That was one of the reason I started the Daily Raw Café. It is a safe haven to help develop my skills until I could one day learn from the big boys.

RAW FOOD (photos)

As a mother, there is always, and I mean always that realization that you can’t make a move in life without taking in consideration of the children.

A father may say he understands, but unless he’s a single father or a saint, his first thought is how a situation will work for him and then it trickles down to wife, children, dog, etc.

RAW FOOD (photos)

It was brought to my attention that maybe I should discard this pipe dream of raw food culinary school until the children are old enough to fend for themselves. A suggestion of the children staying with their father while I go to school out of state for 4 months was suggested and the answer was no, children need to be with their mother.

RAW FOOD (photos)

It was mentioned that if their father had a chance to go away for 4 months to pursue whatever he choose that would be okay because he’s a man. I’m sorry, but what century are we in?

I understand that I took on a huge responsibility with having children (so did dad by the way) but where is it written that a mother’s personal fulfillment is placed on hold until her youngest’s 18th birthday? Or that mothers are welcome to have personal growth as long as it doesn’t interfere with raising their offspring. I really want to see this documentation, preferable something that is notarized.

RAW FOOD (photos)

So in the midst of finding balance with doing what I want to do and being a good mother, it’s a wonder I found time to create Chad Sarno’s Carrot Pineapple Shortcake with Mesquite Flour and Sweet Cashew Cream Cheese (p. 310) (Okay, Avery helped), go grocery shopping, help my son make his school project, submit some job applications, do some laundry, yada, yada, ya... The cake was very good, my children (and their father) ate it up.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Apple, art, books, cake, Chad Sarno, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, life, RAW, recipes, and more:

Recipe #32 of the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor + the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor