Raw Food Recipes + the daily Raw Blog's almanac 2011

The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2010

Okay, I have exactly 33 minutes to tell you about The Almanac before I whisk my beautiful children off to the park for some much needed mommy time.

Here we go.

The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2010 ebook is available for purchase. It has been a long time coming.

I have wanted to do a book for the longest time, but I couldn't find a platform to add to already rich and exciting raw community.

A recipe book was the obvious choice but there are some many really good books out there and I didn't feel I could add anything spectacular and different to the mix. And when I started writing cookbooks (4 to be exact) I wasn't feeling it. I wasn't focused and I really didn't know what I wanted to say with the book.

Then came the Almanac. In the same vain as The Old Farmer's Almanac, the focus of the Daily Raw Blog's Almanac is information. Specifically, providing useful information on raw culinary food and the raw lifestyle in a fun and down-to-earth manner.

There were a few things that I wanted to have when it came to a book. Information, recipes and longevity.

I have accomplished that with The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2010

Information: A calendar listing for July-December, a reference guide to raw food coaches, restaurants, spas and retreats, how to set up a raw kitchen, media and a few more fun surprises.

Recipes: Over 50 recipes from The Daily Raw Blog, some from the blog and of course some new ones to add to your raw recipe collection.

Longevity: This is the fun part for me. I get to work on the Almanac every year for as long as we (you, me and the almanac) will have each other. There will be an updated version of the Almanac yearly. Each year, the basic reference guide will be updated but there will always be new recipes, new information about the lifestyle. And I am opening it up to the masses. There are some great features, "Commentary on Raw" and "My Raw Journey" that will be a wonderful outlet for writers and bloggers to express themselves.

When I come back from culinary school in August, I am going to work immediately on The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2011.

I enjoyed writing The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac and I hope you enjoy reading it. I am so excited for the opportunities this book can bring for the raw food community. It is a way to let the world know that eating raw isn't about carrot sticks or percentages, it's about the people who choose to live and love a vibrant life that is filled with food that is ALIVE and that the "movement" (LOL) continues to grow and thrive.

If it all sounds groovy, you can purchase the ebook here.

Okay, I have four minutes left. Just enough time to give FOUR lucky winners an ebook copy of The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac.

Leave a comment below telling me what raw food culinary or lifestyle topics you would like to see covered in the The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2011, you never know your idea just might be a feature in the edition.

This contest is open to all with a valid email address. The deadline is Friday July 2, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. CLOSED

The four winners will be announced later in the day on July 2.

Good luck!

art, giveaway, life, lifestyle, restaurants, the daily Raw Blog's almanac 2010, and more:

The Daily Raw Blog's Almanac 2010 + the daily Raw Blog's almanac 2011