Raw Food Recipes + Vegan

How to make Almond Milk

RAW RECIPE (photos)

RAW RECIPE (photos)

RAW RECIPE (photos)

Almond Milk

1 c soaked almonds
4 c water
1/4 c agave nectar (optional)
Pinch of sea salt

Blend soaked almonds and water until thoroughly blended. Strain the milk through a nut bag into a large bowl.

Rinse the blender cup and put strained milk back in with agave nectar and sea salt. Blend.

Author's notes: I am not a fan of cow's milk. I have never like it, and probably never will. I can't wrap my brain around drinking milk from a cow. Strange to me. I think cow's milk is suppose to be for a cow's baby not humans. But hay, that's just me.

I do love almond milk and as you can see so does Sous Chef D.

Here's a great article on raw nut milks.

"What's best? Soy milk, cow's milk, raw milk and fermented milk (kefir)"
by Mike Adams at News Target.com
http://www.newstarget.com/021986.html

art, beverage, Food, how to, RAW, soy milk, and more:

How to make Almond Milk + Vegan