Raw Food Recipes + the Complete Book of Raw Food

Guess who
RAW FOOD (photos)

See, I told you I would be back. I didn’t think so soon, it’s a pleasant surprise for all of us.

All my raw books are packed away in boxes in the garage, along with extra bedding, toys, clothing and other miscellaneous items. The boxes and us were bound for Texas last September. I was ready for a change, ready for greener pastures and warmer, humid climates.

I should be in Austin now, in pre-production for Robert Rodriguez’s new film. No, I don’t have the connections to get that job but, if my family had moved to Austin in 2009, I might have. Instead, we are still in Colorado surrounded by snow.

I haven‘t the courage to unpack more than needed. It would be an admission that I will never leave Colorado and I should get use to the idea.

But that’s neither here nor there, it’s just a taste of what happened (or didn’t) in the time we were apart.

Fortunately, It has come to the point where my raw food books are a necessity, so I’m switching gears a bit.

Yesterday, I mentioned sharing personal recipes, but on second thought, I would like to venture into recipes from my raw book collection.

In the same vain as the Julie and Julia Project (loved the movie; I’m currently reading the book; never seen the blog), I will create recipes from the (un)cookbook that I feel is the closest thing to a classic for the raw community.

For the next few months (or year?) I will work my way through the 350 plus recipes in “The Complete Book of Raw Food” edited by Lori Baird and Julie Rodwell.

A solid book of recipes and information from some of the world's leading raw food chefs and experts. I have even heard it called “the bible” of raw food books. Umm.

I think it is a wonderful start to get my feet wet as I return to raw food cuisine. I will be the first to admit I am a bit rusty.
This sounds fun, don't you think? If I enjoy it as much as I suspect, I think I will go through my entire raw book collection. Imagine the possibilities.
Also, it is a good challenge for anyone wanting to learn how to prepare raw foods. If you would like to join me in the kitchen, please feel free. The more the merrier.

art, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Julie and Julia Project, Julie Rodwell, Lori Baird, RAW, recipes, and more:

Guess who + the Complete Book of Raw Food