Raw Food Recipes + Vita Mix

Recipe #1

Broccoli, Kale and Celery Juice by Vita Mix, p. 139

RAW FOOD (photos)

I fear after this post, Vita Mix will enter my home and revoke my high-speed blender privileges. Since I am juice feasting, I was eager to try this recipe. Most of the food I will be making over the next few months I won’t taste, so the few beverage recipes that are juice, I of course, want to drink. This is not the case with this beverage. It is not a juice, it’s a smoothie…kind of.

The recipe is straightforward, using minimal ingredients. A few broccoli flowerets, half of celery stalk, a bit of kale, carrot and smidgen of apple. Preparation is a no-brainer. Drop all the components into the blender with ice and cold water, blend and viola, yuk.
I believe that was the word my husband used to describe this drink. He said it tasted of thick broccoli swamp water. That’s a consequence I was heading out to see “The Princess and the Frog” with our youngest daughter. That too, is set in the Bayou.

Maintaining my persistent mind-set and not wanting the recipe (or my first real posting back) to be a complete failure, I strained the brew through a nut bag, creating a green liquid.

RAW FOOD (photos)

I concur. Yuk!

Apple, books, broccoli, carrot, celery, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Juice, kale, RAW, recipes, the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor, and more:

Recipe #1 + Vita Mix