Raw Food Recipes + Vegetables

Asian Wraps
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)
RAW RECIPE (photos)

I made this spread for a dear friend who was visiting from Texas. The majortiy of the meal is raw, but there are some cooked items peppered in. I prepared fixings for a basic wrap using two type of wraps — collard greens and Napa cabbage. I created two dipping sauces to go with the wraps, a "peanut" sauce and a sweet and savory dipping sauce. I made marinated baby Portobello mushrooms. My friend and I love Kimchee. I didn't prepare it so I don't know for sure the ingredients that was used, but the fermented cabbage dish is considered a living food. I have never tried to create the dish from scratch, nor will I. What I buy at the Asian markets is darn near perfect and I don't choose to mess with that, whether they use totally raw ingredients or not. I also threw some cooked dumplings and pancakes in the mix. I do have a raw recipe for Korean pancakes that I'm still playing around with. When I feel that's ready I'll post it in the future. The pancakes taste good with Sriracha, a hot chili sauce. And of course there's the seaweed. My kids and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE seaweed! You can purchase raw seaweed, but this one's not it. My kids and I are known for eating six packages of these babies on a 15 minute car ride home from the store. I'm surprised this package made it to the table. WRAPS1 bunch collard greens, washed1 head Napa cabbage, washedFold a collard green leaf in half and cut the vein out, creating two pieces. Place on a paper towel to dry.Pull the cabbage leaves from the cabbage and place on a paper towel to dry.FILLINGS5 celery, julienned*5 carrots, julienned1 zucchini, julienned1 cucumber, julienned1/2 head of purple cabbage, shredded into strips2 avocados, sliced (NOT SHOWN)3 cups sprouts (NOT SHOWN)Place all the vegetables, sliced avocados and sprouts on a platter.*NOTE: I julienned the celery the night before and put them in water. That is why that are curled.MARINATED MUSHROOMS2 c Baby Portobellos, washed with a damp cloth1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil2 T agave nectar
2 T Nama Shoyu
Put ingredients in quart bag and marinate on the counter for 2 hours.SWEET SESAME SEED DIPPING SAUCE
1/4 c agave nectar1/2 c rice wine vinegar1 small bunch of cilantro, leaves only2 T Nama Shoyu2 T Black Sesame SeedsIn a bowl, whisk ingredients together.
PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE 1/2 c almond butter1 garlic clove, mincedjuice of 1 lime3 T agave nectar2 T Nama Shoyu2 T water2 T grated ginger1/8 t red pepper flakes1/4 t sea saltIn a blender puree together almond butter, garlic, lime juice, agave nectar, Nama Shoyu, water, ginger, red pepper flakes and sea salt until mixture is smooth. If needed add more water one tablespoon at a time to reach a desired consistency. (02)

art, avocado, cake, Cucumber, dips, Food, Healthy Lifestyle, Juice, main dish, nut butter, Olive, pie, RAW, recipes, sauce, side dish, and more:

Asian Wraps + Vegetables