Raw Food Recipes + Tomatoes

A Pilar of Salt and the Law of Attraction
RAW FOOD (photos)

Recipe #17, Crunch Fries with Ketchup, by Sergei and Valya Boutenko, p. 120
I listen to quite a few Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction books on CD. My sister-friend Monique, who is a devote Christian, always tells me I’m a spiritual and moral person despite the fact that I have not one religious bone in my body. I’ve always wondered if that was her way of saying that despite my past bad behavior she has my entry ticket into heaven locked down, so no worries. From a lifetime of searching for answers through Christianity, Buddhism, Kabbalah, Wicca, all made sense in their own right but I never felt I made sense doing them. I wanted to know why I was the way I was. That’s when “the Secret” entered my life followed by a slew of other Law of Attraction books, ending at Abraham-Hicks.

RAW FOOD (photos)

The whole idea of creating your own existence, situations, life, good or bad, resonates with me. I get that. It explains soooo much. It keeps me with joyful and happy thoughts, because that’s how I want to be. Despite that, there still are remnants of my past doubtful thinking that lurk within. For instance, at times, when I ask to win the Powerball, I still see the mischievous Magic Genie smirking “Your Wish is my Command” and POOF, I win $3 on a $5 ticket. Technically, I AM a Powerball Winner.

RAW FOOD (photos)

So two things I have to remind myself of. One: things will come to me, if I am joyful patient and two: be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Which brings me to today’s recipe. Remember when I moaned and groaned about not enough sea salt in the recipes? Well, the sea salt gods, the Gene or the Law of Attraction played a funny at my expense, in the form of the Boutenko kids' simple recipe called Crunch Fries with Ketchup.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Please note the point in the recipe right after ¼ cup raisins and before 1/4 cup onion powder. Take notice that if you put in 1 tablespoon of sea salt in the ketchup you render it inedible and your husband will give you the evil stink eye, like you dented his precious car, Hazel, and you will have to trash the whole bowl because even your salt-obsessed, sister-friend Monique won’t touch it.

I held my tablespoon piled high with sea salt and flinched for a moment thinking of the absurdity. It was the instant the little creature with a halo and wings said “Maybe you should re-think this.” Yet a slit second later, the red-horned thug shoved the angelic being off my shoulder and screeched in my ear “Pour the damn, salt!” And there it went into my sun-dried tomato mixture.

Certainly, it was understood that my thinking was adding a dash-to-a-pinch more sea salt to the recipes for taste improvement. I wasn’t asking for something out of the ordinary, was I?

Whether it be a typo or lapse of clarity on the creators’ part, I know not. Bottom line is, deep down I knew it probably meant one teaspoon of salt. I knew better and you dear readers know that I knew better. Critical, just plain critical. Needless, to say, this recipe was my first major disaster as far as this endeavor goes and I don’t think I’ll attempt it again. It’s pretty basic and the jicama fries came out beautifully so it wasn’t too much of a waste and I really, really want to win multi-millions in the Powerball.

RAW FOOD (photos)

Food, Healthy Lifestyle, life, RAW, recipes, sea salt, Sergei and Valya Boutenko, the Complete Book of Raw Food Endeavor, the Powerball, the raw family, and more:

A Pilar of Salt and the Law of Attraction + Tomatoes