Raw Food Recipes + Vegan

Wraps on Day 3
Everything I Ate Raw, My Year of Living Foods

Image by Cool Text: Logo and Button GeneratorCreate Your Own Logo

12:30 p.m. Large salad (spinach, romaine, mixed greens, purple cabbage, carrots, cucumber and sprouts with Living Light's raw Dijon dressing) at my desk at work.

2:30 p.m. Kombucha at my desk at work.

6:45 p.m. Lettuce Wraps with Man in the Raw

This post is dedicated to Candace and my other Raw Buddies at Living Light. Candace and I had a nice discussion on what to put in lettuce wraps. I offered a few suggestions, sunflower pate, veggies, sprouts and such.

But it totally slipped my mind one of my favorite lettuce wraps. Avocado Ceviche. I call it a ceviche because it's not quite a guacamole. Although all the players are there (tomato, pepper, cilantro) it is not prepared like a guacamole would be. And the bonus was it was quick and easy to make.

Avocado Ceviche
serves 2

2 avocados, peeled and diced
1 Roma tomato, seeded and diced
1 Serrano pepper, diced
1/2 cup cilanto, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sea Salt, to taste

Lightly toss avocado, tomato, pepper and cilantro in a large bowl. Toss in lemon juice and season with the sea salt.

Serve with 8-10 Romaine lettuce leaves (Red or Green leaf lettuce works great also) and your favorite fixings (we used cucumber and carrot strips, parsley and scallions)

At the Water Cooler
What are some of your favorite fixings for lettuce wraps? Leave your faves in the comment box.

At the Water Cooler, avocado, Cucumber, dinner, Food, Juice, Lemon, RAW, RAW RECIPE (photo), salad, snack, Tomatoes, and more:

Wraps on Day 3 + Vegan